The Parade Application is closed for 2018!
The Mint Hill Madness parade has grown over the years to feature more than 50 local businesses, organizations, entertainers, music groups, firetrucks and classic cars. If your organization or group would like to participate, you must complete a Parade application and submit it, along with payment, for review by Mint Hill Events, Inc.
Rules & Regulations
Please keep in mind the following rules and regulations when applying for the parade.
- Active U.S. military and veterans are exempt from fees.
- For all entries accepted, a map and instructions will be sent via email one week prior to the parade.
- Your placement in the lineup of the parade is first come, first serve, on the day of the parade
- All groups must provide any transportation needed in the parade and list the type of vehicle on the application.
- The parade starts promptly at 9:00 am, rain or shine; please arrive no later than 8:30 am.
- The parade route is approximately 3/4 mile long and will move Bain School to Publix.
- Each group riding on a float must have a designated adult on the float at all times during the parade. They will be responsible for the conduct and safety of all riders.
- No candy or other items are to be thrown from the float, however, walkers beside the float will be allowed to safely hand out candy and other items to the crowd.
- Riders must remain on the float at all times, keeping arms and legs above the side of the flatbed.
- Mint Hill Events, Inc. and the Town of Mint Hill are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
- No smoking, alcoholic beverages, glass containers or live animals are allowed on the float or in the parade.
- All entries should make sure their participants are covered by their organizations Comprehensive General Liability Insurance policy. If you do not have liability insurance, your insurance company can advise you on securing ‘Event Insurance’ to cover your participation in the parade. All parade entries must sign the liability clause in this application in order to participate.